Stichting IRI Reporting Standard
Kade 15, 4731 KR
Contact telephone +31 6 5555 2533
Contact Email: foundation[at]islamicreporting.org
The Mission is to provide vital financial, operational and programmatic support to the Islamic Reporting Initiative Office and other CSR activities around the world.
The Vision is a world-wide organizational and business culture, where CSR and philanthropy are recognized globally as essential for organizational success.
Activities: The Islamic Reporting Initiative has been established to lead the creation of a reporting framework for Corporate Sustainability & Social Responsibility based on Islamic values and principles.
With members in 50+ countries, the IRI is an independent not-for-profit organization. Its activities are focused on five core areas:
1) Standards development
2) Training and support
3) Auditing and certification
4) Research and analysis
5) Forums and events
The IRI Reporting Standard Foundation is registered in the Netherlands, which is part of the European Union. The ANBI status granted to us certifies our Foundation as a public benefit organisation as defined by the statute in the jurisdiction of the Netherlands. To receive such status, an organization has to be a non-governmental organization involved in specific activities related to the public good as described by the law, and be sufficiently transparent in its activities, governance and finances. As a part of its registration in the Netherlands, the IRI Reporting Standard Foundation must adhere to the standards of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) including Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF), Anti-Fraud and other punishable criminal acts which are mandatory in the Netherlands as a member country of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the European Union (EU).
2018 Data Stichting IRI Reporting Standard
- The name of the foundation
Stichting IRI Reporting Standard
- The tax number
The tax number is 8558.22.247
- Address details
Kade 15, 4731 KR, Oudenbosch, The Netherlands
The board members
MOHAMED AMERSI (chair)
Mr. Mohamed Amersi is engaged in a full sphere of activities ranging from for profit, responsible profit and non-profit. He is an active philanthropist and social conscience leader sitting on numerous Boards and Advisory Councils, including
those of the Royal Agricultural University and the Prince’s Trust International.
Ms. Amal Daraghmeh-Masri of Palestine is the Founder and CEO of the Ougarit Group, and Editor-in-Chief of Middle East Business Magazine and News. Named Best Woman Entrepreneur in the MENA, she was appointed Knight of the French National Order of Merit in 2017 for her contribution towards the economic advancement of women.
DRS DAAN ELFFERS (founder)
Drs Daan Elffers is the Founder and CEO of the award-winning sustainability consultancy EMG Group, an authorized supplier to the UN. He was named one of the ‘100 Most Talented Leaders in CSR’, is a recognized circular economy expert, and is a Strategic Advisory Council Member of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment.
Mr. Gerrit Heyns has a long history in institutional financial services, particularly in the emerging markets. He is a respected sustainability investor, championing resource efficiency in large listed companies and has been listed amongst the top 30 most influential people in global finance by the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
DR ABDEL-AZIZ SHARABATI
Dr Abdel-Aziz Sharabati is an accomplished management expert and scholar. Formerly the Head of Management, Marketing and E-Business at the Middle East University in Amman, he holds more than 30 years of senior management experience in the pharmaceutical industry and currently serves as GM for the stock-listed Jerusalem Pharmaceuticals.
Board of Directors (Trustees) and Management have been performing their duties pro-bono.
The policy plan is referred to the website www.islamicreporting.org
The foundation aims to offer vigorous financial, operational and programmatic support to the Islamic Reporting Initiative (IRI) and other related Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities worldwide, and anything related tot the above in a beneficial manner.
The foundation serves the public interest.
The foundation is non-profit.
The foundation seeks to achieve its objective by the following and other means:
- Obtaining the necessary financial and other assets
- Investing and managing financial reserves and/of funds
- Organizing or having organized events and activities to obtain financial and other assets
- Any other legal and legitimate means relating to or conducive to its aim.
A report of the activities
- IRI features in the Islamic Finance Development Indicator Report 2015, produced by the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD) and Thomson Reuters
- Included in the 2016 Sustainability Reporting Handbook for Employers’ Organizations published by the International Organisation of Employers, distributed in more than 150 countries
- Publication by DePaul University (USA) recognizes the potential of the IRI
- IRI features in the International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management
- IRI presents its first progress report during the Global Islamic Economy Summit in Dubai
- Auditing firm DQS presents the IRI at its Annual Sustainability Event in Kuala Lumpur
- The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment presents IRI in Hong Kong
- Keynote Speaker at the Sustainable Business Summit in Istanbul, Turkey
- IRI participates in the Cambridge University 3rd Africa Together Conference
- IRI participates in the Islamic Finance Leadership Programme at Clare College, Cambridge
- Saudi CSR experts praise the IRI on national television
- Membership surpasses 50 countries
- Inaugural Roundtable Meeting as an official side event on the first day of the UN Climate Change Conference COP22 in Marrakech
- Accepted as a member of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network – a Global
- Initiative for the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- IRI speaks about Impact Investment at the Royal Society of Arts in London
2018 Financial responsibility Stichting IRI Reporting Standard: see Bijlage 2018
Board of Directors (Trustees) chaired by Mohamed Amersi perform their duties pro-bono.
Click here for the 2015-2016 IRI Annual Report
Click here for the 2017 IRI Annual Report
Click here to download document IRI – Year 2017